The Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) is an American non-profit parapsychological research institute. It was co-founded in 1973 by former astronaut Edgar Mitchell, along with investor Paul N. Temple, and others interested in purported paranormal phenomena, in order to encourage and conduct research on noetic theory and human potentials.
The institute conducts research on such topics such as spontaneous remission,meditation, consciousness, alternative healing practices, consciousness-based healthcare, spirituality, human potential, psychic abilities, psychokinesis and survival of consciousness after bodily death. The institute maintains a free database, available on the Internet, with citations to more than 6,500 articles about whether physical and mental health benefits might be connected to meditation and yoga.
- Consciousness OverviewSeptember 23, 2016 - 03:01
- The Electromagnetic Human FieldOctober 7, 2016 - 00:29
- Reiki Frequencies and Schumann ResonancesDecember 5, 2016 - 13:56
- Zen and MeditationDecember 26, 2016 - 19:16
- 8 things I learned from the Soundstrue Energy Healing S...February 12, 2017 - 23:45
- How Ampère’s Law helps me calm down the rational...February 13, 2017 - 12:15
- PixabayReiki for AnimalsMarch 26, 2020 - 06:13
- More Reiki, cuddling, and music, and fewer opioidsJanuary 3, 2020 - 06:01
- My Experience at the Agni Spirit FestivalJuly 8, 2019 - 03:59
- The Touchstone ProcessMay 27, 2019 - 05:41
- Awards given to Reiki in Hospitals ProgramsMarch 29, 2019 - 00:22
- So, what is Reiki?February 26, 2019 - 11:15